Jonquilla-type daffodils produce dark-green, narrow, often reedlike leaves, which are relatively easy to hide in the border while they mature, and there is usually more than one sweetly fragrant flower per stem. Probably the most fragrant of all, especially considering the size of the flowers, is N . ‘Baby Moon’, a precious, golden-yellow miniature daffodil.
Noteworthy Characteristics Likes summer heat.
Propagation Separate bulbs and replant in early summer or early fall.
Problems Narcissus bulb fly, narcissus nematode, bulb scale mite, slugs, narcissus basal rot, other fungal infections, narcissus yellow stripe virus, and other viruses
- Genus : Narcissus
- Zones : 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
- Plant Height : 6 to 12 inches
- Plant Width : 6 to 12 inches
- Plant Type : Bulbs
- Tolerance : Deer Tolerant, Frost Tolerant
- Characteristics : Fragrant Flowers
- Light : Full Sun to Partial Shade
- Maintenance : Low
- Moisture : Medium Moisture
- Growth Rate : Moderate
- Bloom Time : Spring
- Plant Seasonal Interest : Spring Interest
- Flower Color : Yellow